Butternut squash apple soup
Butternut Squash Apple Soup
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Butternut Squash is a very popular fruit which is rich in vitamins, protein and dietary fibres, and can be used to heal several diseases too.
- 1/4th ounce tablespoon of unsalted butter,
- 6 ounces chopped onions,
- 1 3/4th pound butternut squash peeled, de-seeded and cubed.
- ½ apple peeled, cored and diced,
- 20 fluid ounces of chicken broth,
- 8 fluid ounces apple cider,
- 2 fluid ounces apple brandy,
- 1/4th ounce of salt,
- 1/8th ounce chopped fresh thyme,
- 1/8th ounce of fresh ground pepper.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a stockpot under medium flame.
- Add the chopped onions to it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to it.
- Mix the entire content till it takes an even texture.
- Add the ingredients delicately diced apple, apple cider, apple brandy, fresh thyme, salt and ground pepper.
- Cook the entire content under medium flame in covered condition for 25 minutes.
- In case the ingredients are not taking the desired even texture then use a hand mixer to smoothen the ingredients.
- You may use/put the entire mixture in a blender so as to obtain the desired puree.
Obtaining diced butternut squash is truly easy and it's available in the packed condition in the supermarket. You may use a dollop of butter with popcorn as toppings when you serve it. This can be kept in refrigerated condition for up to 3 days.